Baux rose et rouge

Mas de Gourgonnier, Les Baux de Provence, Rose 2007 The fresh fruit is evident in this low acid rose. This estate was farming organically before many jumped on board and all of the wines are today certified organic. The 2007 rose is about 60% Grenache with a medley of Syrah, Mourvedre, Cinsault and Cabernet Sauvignon making up the remaining 40%. Mis par Lue et Lucienne Cartier, proprietaires et recoltants a Mouries 12.5% $16.49 at Bottle Barn

Mas de Gourgonnier, Les Baux de Provence, Rouge 2005 There are black fruits and tar to smell. The mouth is quite tannic with some earthiness of the barnyard creeping in. This blend is about one-third Cabernet Sauvignon with some amount of Carignane, Grenache, Syrah and possibly Cinsault and Mourvedre making up the rest of wine. Mis a Mouries 12.5% $14.49 at Bottle Barn


About RJ

Ray Johnson is the Executive Director of the Wine Business Institute at Sonoma State University. He writes about food and wine, his travels and the business of wine. He makes his home in Sonoma County, California.
This entry was posted in France, Les Baux de Provence, Provence, Rosé. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply